Terms & conditions
On this page you can read more about our fundraising promise to you as a supporter, and our organisational policies that may affect you if you are unhappy with our service or want a donation to be refunded.
DONOR COVER FEE
Having this Hero Funds site means more people than ever before can donate and fundraise in memory of their Hero.
For every donation we receive from a Hero Fund page page, we're charged a small fee (3%) by the provider. Donors can opt to cover this charge by ticking the tick box provided on the donation screen. This ensure the full donation amount reached Help for Heroes. This is entirely at the donors' discretion.
SUPPORTER COMPLAINTS POLICY
We hope that you are pleased with the service you’ve received from us at Help for Heroes and with any purchase you’ve made from Help for Heroes Trading, but if there’s something you’re not happy with we’d like you to tell us about it so that we can try to put things right. As a supporter or fundraiser, your opinion matters to us; your feedback may present an opportunity for change, helping us to improve and grow the Charity, so that we can continue to deliver an enduring national network of support for our wounded heroes and their families.
If you have a concern, please call 01980 840234 (Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm); click on the link to the Supporter Complaints page on our website and complete the online form; or write to Wendy Teare, Help for Heroes Downton Office, 14 Parkers Close, Downton Business Centre, Salisbury, SP5 3RB. We will always listen and try to resolve any complaints.
Our Supporter Complaints Policy www.helpforheroes.org.uk/about/our-policies/supporter-complaints-policy/
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
- We will record and maintain the details of your feedback
- We will acknowledge your feedback within two working days of receiving it
- We will investigate your complaint internally, treating it with sensitivity, discretion and understanding
- We aim to complete any investigation and send you a detailed, written reply to your complaint within five working days of receiving it. If we need to make further investigations, we will let you know and keep you informed
- If your complaint relates to a potential breach of the Code of Fundraising Practice or a breach of the Fundraising Promise, and you are still not satisfied with our response, you can contact the Fundraising Regulator within two months of receiving confirmation of our final position.
THE FUNDRAISING PROMISE
This promise outlines the commitment made to donors and the public by fundraising organisations which register with the Fundraising Regulator. Those who register with the regulator agree to ensure their fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful.
The standards for fundraising are set out in the Code of Fundraising Practice.
WE WILL COMMIT TO HIGH STANDARDS
- We will adhere to the Fundraising Code of Practice.
- We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We will display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
WE WILL BE CLEAR, HONEST & OPEN
- We will tell the truth and we will not exaggerate.
- We will do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We will be able to explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause if challenged.
- We will ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- We will provide clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
WE WILL BE RESPECTFUL
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We will have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it will be available on request.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so. We will work with the Telephone, Mail and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure that those who choose not to receive specific types of communication don’t have to.
WE WILL BE FAIR & REASONABLE
- We will treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
WE WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE & RESPONSIBLE
- We will manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
- We will have a complaints procedure, a copy of which will be available on our website or available on request.
- Our complaints procedure will let you know how to contact the Fundraising Regulator in the event that you feel our response is unsatisfactory.
- We will monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.
As a charity, Help for Heroes is dependent on and incredibly grateful for your generous donation.
In compliance with legal and best practice regulations set by the Charity Commission, the Institute of Fundraising and the Fundraising Regulator, all donations we receive (including registration fees for challenge participation) are treated as irrevocable gifts and, as such, are non-refundable.
However, if you suspect your credit card has been used incorrectly, or you have any other issue that you would like to discuss, please contact our Donations team as soon as possible on 0300 303 9888 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or by emailing: email@example.com